"Ecija, city of towers..." Écija by Martin_S.
Écija Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 24 photos
Yes the city of Ecija has the nickname of "The City of Towers" since it has something like 11 towers, 9 steeples and many churches...did not count them all myself, but found these facts in the booklet we picked up at the tourist bureau.
As we wandered the streets looking for the towers and steeples we noticed that some of the "residents" of Ecija were not of the human type, here on the bell tower we found several nesting storks. Those nests are HUGE, up to a meter or more across.
If you want to find out more about Ecija, visit -
We could not find this church on our walking map, but it fit very nicely in this corner street. Not the largest of the many bell towers, but the entrance was one of the most beautiful we saw there.
For more information on Ecija, see also -
- Pros:Pleasant for a stroll and lunch
In this first photo you can see the Arabic influence on this beautiful arch that was introduced to Spain. Each step you... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Écija Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Frying-Pan of Andalucia"
- "Ecija, city of towers..."
- "Écija, the city of towers"
- "Écija - the Frying Pan of Spain"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Écija
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Écija?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Écija
Photos in ÉcijaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues