"What a legend !!" Medina Azahàra by Martin_S.
Medina Azahàra Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 105 photos
The legend says that the Caliph named al-Zahra, or Azahara, after his favorite concubine. Another says that he built this new city just to please her !!
A couple of links for photos and more in depth history.
This is a photo inside the Hall of Abd al-Raman.
A detail of one of the pillars in the Hall of Abd al-Raman.
An overview from near the entrance area looking down toward the ruins.
- Pros:Some beautiful reconstructions in progress
- Cons:Only if you don't like walking up hills
- In a nutshell:Go for the legend
Just a few last views to show, the entrance gate leads you to a "lookout" where you can see the Porticio Arches to your... more travel advice
This was thought to be the main entrance to the city at the time of its highest activity. Even though today you enter... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Medina Azahàra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madinat al-Zahra"
- "Medinat Al Zahra."
- "What a legend !!"
- "Under construction"
- "A Caliphs Palace"
- "Medina Azahara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medina Azahàra
- Transportation in Medina Azahàra
- Warnings and Dangers in Medina Azahàra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medina Azahàra
- 6 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Medina Azahàra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medina Azahàra
Photos in Medina AzahàraSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues