"VillaMartin (thanks for naming it after me ;o)))" Villamartín by Martin_S.
Villamartín Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Okay, so I'm only kidding that it was named after me, it is even OLDER than I am, so maybe I am named after it?? Anyway a good enough reason to visit just to see my namesake isn't it. This was the entrance sign to the village with our name on it.
Another tile sign with the name Villamartin....^O^
This is what it looks like before you begin your hike from the lower hills into Villamartin. We parked down below and walked up to the center of town.
I found a short history piece on the internet:
Inhabited since Prehistoric times, proven by the dolmens at Alberite.
In the 8th century, the land where the village is today fell to the Moslem conquerors. They built Matrera Castle to defend it and in its turn this fortress was captured by the Christians in 1342.
- Pros:Found a good restaurant, enough reason in itself
- Cons:You need good legs for the hills
You can see in the first photo of the stairs, the reason I said "UP" to Villamartin...situated on a hill (what village... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Villamartín Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VillaMartin (thanks for naming it after me ;o)))"
- Create a Villamartín Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Villamartín
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Villamartín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villamartín
Photos in VillamartínSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues