"Zahara or Zohara, whats in a name" Zahara by Martin_S.
Zahara Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos
The approach road to Zahara de la Sierra (named after my wife Zohara, or at least I told her so ;O)), from the resivoir side gives you a colorful view of the city and the small tower standing above it on the mountaintop. We visited on a cloudy day (and later had hail and snow) so the colors were sort of subdued, but you can just imagine the colors when the sun is out and shining on the lake.
This brightly colored church named San Juan de Letran is on the main street in the upper part of Zahara de la Sierra. It is much easier to leave your car in the lower parking lot and trek up the hill than to try and find parking up there, but who knows you may just be lucky.
- Pros:Beautiful quiet hillside village
- Cons:Can be hot in summer or even spring
- In a nutshell:Enjoy the views in early morning.
Zahara de la Sierra is one of the well known "white villages" of southern Spain. It borders on a small reservoir between... more travel advice
Well we just HAD to take Zohara to see the town of Zahara de la Sierra and to prove it here she is in front of the sign... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Zahara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zahara: Beautifully Set Andalucian Hill Town"
- "Zahara or Zohara, whats in a name"
- "Zahara de la Sierra"
- "Zahara de la Sierra,Grazalema National Park's gate"
- "Zahara de la Sierra"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zahara
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Zahara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zahara
Photos in ZaharaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues