"Marmolada "The" Mountain" Gruppo della Marmolada by Martin_S.

Gruppo della Marmolada Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 17 photos

This is the first view you get from the bottom of "The" mountain. Marmolada stands over 3,000 meters high and the cable car takes you to the top in three stages.
The building in the picture is the start of the first stage and you can just see the end of the first stage on the edge of the mountain in the distance.

The tickets cost us 22 Euro for each adult, but the view from the top is worth it.

We had a very poor day for visibility, but what we could see made a very lasting impression. We were told that on a clear day you could see Switzerland, Austria and the sea....

• Pros:Beautiful views
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Go enjoy the view.
  • Last visit to Gruppo della Marmolada: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 12, 2003

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 9:31 PM

Over 2 hours to get there from Val Gardena? Next time take your skis, skiing down from Marmolada is fantastic, and it's probably cheaper - one way cable-car ticket! hehehe ...

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2003 at 11:21 AM

Stunning scenery - you have taken beautiful photos! Looks like a James Bond movie location. I hope this is not too far to visit from Umbria during my trip next summer!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 10:48 AM

ooh that cable-car's a must for me!! HAve seen the MArmolada but not been up it.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 3:14 AM

Very Impressive!!!!!!!!!!! Even with my vertigo I would risky going lol

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 8:34 AM

What a beautiful scenery, it really seems to be a lovely place to visit. Unfortuneately I have never heard about it....

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2003 at 1:02 AM

Beautiful scenery, such a lovely place, however Martin, not sure I would appreciate the 'fantastic drop'!!! :-)

• Oct 19, 2003 at 6:03 PM

It must be Breathtaking in the Top! Very well written, Martin..Thanks for sharing..

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2003 at 12:08 AM

This sure is a spectacular experience. Well-explained too. Thanks Martin.

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Gruppo della Marmolada

Have you been to Gruppo della Marmolada?