"Starting point for Mont Saint Michele" Genêts by Martin_S.
Genêts Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
This is what you will see from the road as you pass through Genets, but behind this humble and simple facade is a great B&B owned and run by the Daniel family. We found them in the Chambres d'Hote directory of France and chose them by chance because of their proximity to Mont Saint Michele, but ended up staying for some extra quality time.
This is the long side entrance along the watecourse for the waterwheel....this building was once a factory for producting flour, the water drove a water wheel that in turn gave power to machinery which was located within the building.
When staying at the LeMoulin B&B, take a room that overlooks the waterwheel, the sounds of the water rushing over the wheel (and yes it is working, the wheel does turn as the owners have restored it) are soothing.
- Pros:The pro is the B&B
- Cons:You have to leave the town for anything
- In a nutshell:Great for enjoying the countryside
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Genêts Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Genêts
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Genêts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Genêts
Photos in GenêtsSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues