"Nahal Hermon (Baniyas) & Pan, not in Syria" Baniyas by Martin_S.
Baniyas Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 39 photos
As you might have guessed if I have visited Baniyas it is NOT in Syria..it is in territory that Israel won during the 6 day war in 1967 and has been a part of Israel ever since, usually only Arabic oriented maps no longer list this area as not being in Israel.
What you can see in the picture is the REASON for visiting.
The approach to the Baniyas waterfall is from the parking lot by way of a well defined path and along the way you can enjoy some of natures work, like this stone that has split, the texture of the stone is fine to the touch.
Even the bees have decided that Nahal Hermon (Baniyas) is beautiful enough to make their home here, they found a spot perched high up on the rock wall with a VIEW.
- Pros:Beatuiful any time of year
- Cons:during warm months can be crowded
- In a nutshell:take your time on this one
There is little that remains of the shire and its buildings, but just by looking at the top of this column, you can see... more travel advice
This is the altar area the actual Shrine itself. Much of the area was destroyed by an earthquake, which they also say... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Baniyas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nahal Hermon (Baniyas) & Pan, not in Syria"
- "Baniyas Stream and Waterfall"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baniyas
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Baniyas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baniyas
Photos in BaniyasSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues