"Nimrod Castle, northern Israel" Qal`at Nimrud by Martin_S.
Qal`at Nimrud Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 27 photos
This is the Crusader fortress of Nimrod Castle (or Kahalat Nimrod in Arabic) in the northeast of Israel, just east of Kiryat Shemona. During the time after the formation of the state of Israel in 1948 till the 6 day war in 1967, the Syrians used this ancient fortress for artillery spotters to direct bombardment of the Jewish Kibbutz farm settlements and towns in the valley below. (this view is from Banias) When Israel won the war in 1967 against Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt, the military damage done by the Syrian Army was repaired and some restoration was began.
- Pros:Commanding view of valley below
- Cons:Not enough restoration work being done
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop if only for the view
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Qal`at Nimrud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nimrods Castle"
- "Nimrod Fortress"
- "Qal'at Namrud / nimrod Fortress"
- "Nimrod Castle, northern Israel"
- "Qal'at Nimrud - Nimrod Fortress"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Qal`at Nimrud
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Qal`at Nimrud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qal`at Nimrud
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues