"Gamla (in Israel's Golan Heights)" Dayr Quruh by Martin_S.
Dayr Quruh Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 53 photos
Here at Gamla (Dayr Qurah in Arabic) the ruins of the ancient fortress sitting on the edge of the promnitory are quite impressive. This is one of the Jewish fortresses that fought against the Roman invasion of this land.
Wikpedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamla) has a few good photos also.
You will also discover the Gamla waterfall at the end of a valley about 40 minutes walk from the parking lot at the entrance.
Last but by no means least you will find the nesting grounds of the Nesher, the Gyps Fulvus (or Griffon Vulture in English).
This is one very impressive flying chicken...the nature society maintains a place from where you can observe them. We managed to arrive on a good day when many were in flight.
You can find out more at: http://www.birdguides.com/html/vidlib/species/Gyps_fulvus.htm
- Pros:Beautiful mixture of nature and history
- Cons:Can be brutally hot in the summer
- In a nutshell:Take the time to do the walk out to the waterfall
The Gamla family of Vultures (Nesher in Hebrew) are Gyps Fulvus or Griffon Vultures. On the day we visited we were lucky... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Dayr Quruh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a.k.a. Gamla Nature Reserve & Golan Heights"
- "Gamla (in Israel's Golan Heights)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dayr Quruh
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Dayr Quruh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dayr Quruh
Photos in Dayr QuruhSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues