"Our home, ARAD" Top 5 Page for this destination Arad by Martin_S.
Arad Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 568 photos
Hi and Shalom
This is Arad, the place we call home. I hope to be able to show some of our home and the natural beauty that surrounds us.
This is our picnic table at home where we enjoy most of the year (yes even in winter we can often sit outside during the day).
VT short story #34190....^O^
Okay, so it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, in the middle of winter, but the sun was out shining and warm...so we decided to clean our second story porch...there I was standing at the edge of the porch and a couple, who I do NOT KNOW, walk by on the sidewalk, look up, see me and smile and wave, I of course smile and wave back...they continued to walk and disappeared behind our garage. About 30 seconds later I see this couple walk backwards from behind our garage, look up at me and ask "HELLO, aren't you that guy from Virtual Tourist??" Turns out that the couple, Joe & Debbie, are new immigrants to Israel who had purchased a home only a few places down OUR BLOCK...they had used Virtual Tourist to research Israel before coming and had come across my pages and while walking in the neighbourhood had looked up and recognized me, although it took them a few moments to realize this ^O^......we invited them in for coffee and cookies and have now set a date for dinner. Again thanks VT. The photo shows Joe & Debbie with me in our kitchen.
Take a look at this web site, it shows some of the neighbourhoods in Arad, even the one where we live.
This is a web site that explains about the "Partnership 2000" between Arad-Tamar and New Jersey in the United States.
You can also find news of our town Arad here.
- Pros:In the middle of a mountanious desert.
- Cons:Too many people live here today.
- In a nutshell:Easy access to undamaged nature.
Kakao is in the new shopping center at the entrance to Arad, just off Highway 31 from Beer-Sheva where it meets the... more travel advice
The story of Arad, our desert city, started WAY BACK in 1964 when it was established. At that time there was no road... more travel advice
- See All Mantur, comfort in Arad
- See All Rosh HaShana (Jewish New Year)
- See All Gypsy (home grown rock group)
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Arad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our home, ARAD"
- "Arad: jewel of the Negev"
- "Ultimate place for VT meetings"
- "visiting the samson family."
- "Come on in, its HOME"
- "A - R - A - D"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arad
- Hotels in Arad
- Transportation in Arad
- Nightlife in Arad
- Restaurants in Arad
- Shopping in Arad
- Warnings and Dangers in Arad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arad
- 177 Reviews
- 318 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Arad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues