"Our home, ARAD" Top 5 Page for this destination Arad by Martin_S.

Arad Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 568 photos

Hi and Shalom
This is Arad, the place we call home. I hope to be able to show some of our home and the natural beauty that surrounds us.
This is our picnic table at home where we enjoy most of the year (yes even in winter we can often sit outside during the day).

VT short story #34190....^O^
Okay, so it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, in the middle of winter, but the sun was out shining and warm...so we decided to clean our second story porch...there I was standing at the edge of the porch and a couple, who I do NOT KNOW, walk by on the sidewalk, look up, see me and smile and wave, I of course smile and wave back...they continued to walk and disappeared behind our garage. About 30 seconds later I see this couple walk backwards from behind our garage, look up at me and ask "HELLO, aren't you that guy from Virtual Tourist??" Turns out that the couple, Joe & Debbie, are new immigrants to Israel who had purchased a home only a few places down OUR BLOCK...they had used Virtual Tourist to research Israel before coming and had come across my pages and while walking in the neighbourhood had looked up and recognized me, although it took them a few moments to realize this ^O^......we invited them in for coffee and cookies and have now set a date for dinner. Again thanks VT. The photo shows Joe & Debbie with me in our kitchen.

Take a look at this web site, it shows some of the neighbourhoods in Arad, even the one where we live.

This is a web site that explains about the "Partnership 2000" between Arad-Tamar and New Jersey in the United States.
You can also find news of our town Arad here.

• Pros:In the middle of a mountanious desert.
  • Cons:Too many people live here today.
  • In a nutshell:Easy access to undamaged nature.
  • Last visit to Arad: Feb 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2010

• buenababe's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2011 at 5:36 AM

time will come, i'll sit on that picnic table with you, Zohara and Tal... and we'll have barbecue. how cool would that be, Martin?!! ;)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Hello, Martin! Greetings to your very hospitable home! ><><><><

• rkearns's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2010 at 9:06 AM

that's a pretty incredible VT story!

• Apr 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Martin s I will be arriving in Arad May 3 to Volunteer for 2 weeks. I would like to meet you and would liker to hike. Please respond. kjogger

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM

u have mentioned all kind of tips in arad page

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2009 at 5:21 AM

We have the same 'rule' in my kitchen!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Hi&a belated Happy New Year Martin - been enjoying getting to know a bit more of Arad!the local Arad version of the Flintstones are the best! local insects rather amazing...& to think I sat down on some rocks at Masada with those horrors lurking beneath?!

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM

haha martin...you're as funny as ever :0P thanks for giving me a great laugh. just this month, one of my dreams (china) was realized...israel would be (should be!!!) the next. take care. stay happy.

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2008 at 10:02 AM

I have really enjoyed your Arad pages....fabulous, interesting and a fascinating insight to the local nature including the flowers and insects. No wonder you have so many guests!! I am very fond of desert terrain.

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Shalom. First time seeing your house photo. I think your igloo house is cute:-) Purim celebration looks fun, but I want to visit Israel for the Feast of Tabernacles celebration.

Martin_S. Lives Here!

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Arad