"Beit Guvrin-Morasha National Park" Bet Guvrin by Martin_S.
Bet Guvrin Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 161 photos
The entire site is composed of two parks, the Beit Guvrin part is the bell caves created by the quarrying.
The second part of the site is Morasha and this is the part devoted to the dwellings of the people who lived here from an earlier period. The columbarium here is one of several to be found here.
When you have a town or village you will often have industry, here the oil press is actually located underground.
- Pros:Beautiful complex of homes and quarries
- In a nutshell:The map you get at entrance will ensure not missing things.
There is an inscription dedicated to one of the people buried there and outside the chambers you will find an... more travel advice
Okay so a columbarium is like a tomb, but WHY is the floor so far from the tombs....how did they access the tombs above.... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Bet Guvrin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cave City Bet Guvrin"
- "Beit Guvrin-Morasha National Park"
- "Bet Guvrin-Maresha National Park"
- "Bet Guvrin"
- "Bet Guvrin"
- "Bet Guvrin - land of the caves"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bet Guvrin
- 8 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Bet Guvrin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bet Guvrin
Photos in Bet GuvrinSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues