"VT meet in Nahal Bokek" Top 5 Page for this destination `En Boqeq by Martin_S.
`En Boqeq Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 221 photos
When Sharon, Carmen and Stacey came to visit us in Arad, we decided to move the VT meet into the oasis of Nahal Bokek for one day. It is a beautiful fresh water spring that runs into the Dead Sea. From outside the canyon you would not believe what wonders you will find inside.
Somewhere in the canyon there is a series of "stairs" built to prevent this section of the canyon from rain damage and slow the flow so to speak. It also provides a dam to make a larger pool above and the flow below is directed into a smaller pool. Tal thought this was a great spot for a fashion photo.
So what else do the kids do when they find water, well they have a water fight of course. Here Tal is teaching Stacey the fine art of Israeli water fighting and he is teaching her General Montgomery's technique of "waiting till we see the whites of their waves", or some quote like that, maybe Stacey can fill us in....
- Pros:Beautiful oasis in the burning Dead Sea
- Cons:Does not apply to this spot
- In a nutshell:Go any time, any day, winter or summer
The colors of the dragonflies is amazing, the shimmering reds just sort of seem to move....then all of a sudden the... more travel advice
Nahal Bokek we found to be an excellent place to cool off after we have done either a night ride through the dry canyons... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
`En Boqeq Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dead Sea"
- "VT meet in Nahal Bokek"
- "Health and well being pilgrimage"
- "Ein Boqeq and the Dead Sea"
- "The Tourist's Hot Spot on the Dead Sea"
- "Otherwise known as The Dead Sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in `En Boqeq
- Hotels in `En Boqeq
- Transportation in `En Boqeq
- Nightlife in `En Boqeq
- Restaurants in `En Boqeq
- Shopping in `En Boqeq
- Warnings and Dangers in `En Boqeq
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `En Boqeq
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to `En Boqeq?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `En Boqeq
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Re: Any dangerous areas in..."
- Wrote a Review Dragonflies at Nahal Bokek in `En Boqeq Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nahal Bokek, Michele above double waterfall"
- created a `En Boqeq Travel Page "VT meet in Nahal Bokek"
- Commented on one of Sharon's `En Boqeq travel pages
Photos in `En BoqeqSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues