"Our Kinneret (Sea of Galilee)" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Tiberias by Martin_S.

Lake Tiberias Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 355 photos

We came over the crest of the hill to the west of the Kinneret and this is the sight that greeted us. In Israel, the Kinneret is the largest body of fresh water by far, located in the north east just below the Golan Heights.

One of the reasons we come is for the camping and swimming, just to spend a few lazy days laying in the sun or playing in the water, you can see that Zohara and Tal are enjoying themselves.

Took this shot of the city of Tiberius, on the west shore of Lake Tiberius, or the Kinneret as it is called in Israel.

• Pros:Great clear, clean, fresh water
  • Cons:Too many people at times
  • In a nutshell:Anytime, any beach....
  • Last visit to Lake Tiberias: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2005

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Thank you Martin for bringing back sweet memories! Your page is very useful for me while I'm making pages of my own about this magnificent place.

• mattig's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 2:34 AM

Hello Martin, it's many years since I lived in Tiveria - I spent 4 and a half years in the town from 1978 - 1982. The town was small and friendly then and we all knew one another. Now of course it must have changed beyond comparison.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 4:16 PM

Lovely page Martin! Beautiful moonset over Lake Kinneret! Hahaha, and I love that fishing story! :-)))

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 10:34 PM

Love that moonlight sonata!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 12:01 PM

Lovely Lake Tiberias Page, It was one of my Favourite places when I stayed in Israel. I will have to camp next to the lake next time too! (~_~)

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2004 at 4:47 AM

Beautiful lake in marvellous surroundings, nice pics as well! Perfect for a weekend's retreat from city life I guess? :-)

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Lake Tiberias

Have you been to Lake Tiberias?

Latest Activity in Lake Tiberias