"Mitzpe Ramon - city on the EDGE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mizpe Ramon by Martin_S.
Mizpe Ramon Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 295 photos
This is Mitzpe Ramon, a city in the heart fo the Negev desert. You can find it on highway 40, about an hour south of BeerSheva, just past where highway 171 takes you to the observatory.
Here you can find the Maktesh Ramon, the largest of the three craters (or Maktesh) here in Israel, it is truly a city "on the edge".
- Pros:Beautiful area of Israel to visit
- Cons:City seems lifeless
- In a nutshell:To visit is fine, but not live there today.
At Mitzpe Ramon you have, of course, the Ramon Crater, or Maktesh as it is called in Hebrew. Enjoy an evening on a jeep... more travel advice
The Nagaria (Woodshop) is also sometimes called in Hebrew "HaMinsara". You can see this geological oddity from the... more travel advice
Written Jan 8, 2008
Wild Deer in your back yard
Written May 12, 2008
Silit (swift little guy)
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Mizpe Ramon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "En Avdat Canyon"
- "Nabatean Ruins, Canyons and Sand Storm in Avdat."
- "Avdat and Ein Avdat National Parks on constructio"
- "The Ramon Nature Reserve"
- "Mitzpe Ramon - city on the EDGE"
- "Mizpe Ramon and Ramon Crater"
- "Mitzpe Ramon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mizpe Ramon
- Hotels in Mizpe Ramon
- Transportation in Mizpe Ramon
- Restaurants in Mizpe Ramon
- Warnings and Dangers in Mizpe Ramon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mizpe Ramon
- 6 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Mizpe Ramon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mizpe Ramon
Photos in Mizpe RamonSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues