"Monfort, crusader fortress" Montfort by Martin_S.
Montfort Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos
This is the highest tower of Monfort, overlooking the valley below. The Crusaders built this edifice to protect the trade route through this area. There is a second fortress, Yehiam, not far away.
Some of the walls remain standing go give you an idea of the comanding presence it once presented to passerbys.
Whenever you travel here in Israel, especially in the summer, take lots of water. The walk from the car park to Monfort today is only a few hundred meters, but it is a steep descent and then climb back, so take plenty of water, here you can see me with my water bottle....
This is the Katlav tree. The bark is an almost the burnt red color of blood with a lighter color under it. The tree is... more travel advice
This was in the western most room or possibly the commanders quarters. There are several decorated supports for the roof... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Montfort Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Montfort
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Montfort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montfort
Photos in MontfortSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues