"Sde Boker, Ben Gurion and desert wine" Sede Boqer by Martin_S.
Sede Boqer Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 47 photos
The "culture of wine enjoyment" has finally come to Israel in a big way, today there are dozens of big vinters and a hundred small "botique" winemakers. Meet Zvi Remak who makes his home and his wine on Kibbutz Sde Boker in the Negev desert, about an hour south of Arad. If you go to Sde Boker to visit the home and grave of David Ben-Gurion, then take the extra time to visit Zvi also and try his wines...it is just a two minute walk from the Ben-Gurion home.
- Pros:Beautiful area, good wine and history
- Cons:Only if you arrive with a busload of tourists
- In a nutshell:Repeated visits recommended
Ben Gurion was one of the men essential in the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. I think that if you could... more travel advice
Here at Havat Karmi Avdat they grow their own grapes, the grapes are harvested and then contracted to a big company to... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Sede Boqer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Splendid Views Mixed with History and Vision"
- "Sde Boker, Ben Gurion and desert wine"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sede Boqer
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Sede Boqer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sede Boqer
Photos in Sede BoqerSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues