"Tel Arad, close to home, flowers and antiquities" Tel `Arad by Martin_S.
Tel `Arad Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 33 photos
When the Arad Iris blooms it is time to get your friends together and get your rear end out to the fields to find the flowers. This time I got Liza, Natasha and Dima to come along "for the ride". We also had the kids, but they could not be found for the picture.
This was the first picture I took and the first flower that I found with a good bloom, some had already died and many had been eaten by sheep, camels and goats which graze the area with their Bedouin herders.
When Nathalie, Rob and Katrin came to visit Tel-Arad is one of the first places I thought to take them, to see the ancient site of Arad from which our modern city of Arad takes its name. Here you can see Katrin (Trinchen), Nathalie (NathalieB), Rob and I at the "Holy of Holies"...and we could NOT figure out who was "holier than thou"....
Be sure to pick up the brochure that the National Park Services hands out at the entrance, you cand find som interesting information there, I found the following: the site includes ruins of both Canaanite city from Early Bronze Age and and Israelite settlement, though to be erected by King Solomon. There is lots more info in the brochure.
- Pros:Beautiful sites for Iris in season.
- Cons:Too much grazing of animals.
- In a nutshell:Visit during April for flowers and antiquities
If you keep a good eye out among the rocks and stones that make up the old walls of the city, you may just chance to see... more travel advice
The oldest part of the Tel-Arad complex is the Canaanite city. Here you can see the well which has been partially... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Tel `Arad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tel Arad, close to home, flowers and antiquities"
- "Tel Arad --- The ancient Arad"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel `Arad
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Tel `Arad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel `Arad
Photos in Tel `AradSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues