"Tel-Aviv & Yaffo, Israel's 24hr City" Tel Aviv-Yafo by Martin_S.
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide: 1,200 reviews and 2,906 photos
This is the Eden picture theatre, the first in Tel-Aviv. Today it is closed, but if you were going out on the town 50 years ago and wanted a movie, THIS was it...
Zohara and I took time out from our walk around the Neve Tzedek area of Tel-Aviv and decided to try a new restaurant called NG (that is for the names of two of the three owners, Nir and Giora, Giora's wife said that she was represented through her husband...) The meal was very tasty and of a reasonable price and also well presented. The atmosphere of the place itself was "old Tel-Aviv" from maybe 40-50 years ago with plesant background music. We recommend taking a stop in here.
And if you are in Tel-Aviv you should not miss the "little brother" Yaffo. Once these were two seperate cities, the ancient city of Yaffo and then the new city of Tel-Aviv, established only in the 20th century, taking over, encompassing and incorporating Yaffo into its environs. This is how it looks from the beach in Tel-Aviv, you can take a nice walk there along the beach.
- Pros:Metropoltian, cosmopolitan, international, a dynamic city.
- Cons:Crowded, busy, noisy, polluted, expensive.....a big city in other words !!!
- In a nutshell:If you are from a big city, you will feel right at home.
Benedicts is a recent addition to the Israeli restaurant scene and they specalize doing BREAKFAST and only breakfast, 24... more travel advice
Talk about "chance"...we were on our way back home to Arad from Petach Tikva from a meeting and it was getting late so... more travel advice
Written Sep 18, 2002
VTeeting - Yama
Written Oct 15, 2003
Susan Dalal Dance Center
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "a day in Tel Aviv"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 62 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 55 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Is Slovenia worth a visit?"
- Wrote a Review Breakfast 24/7 at BENEDICT in Tel Aviv-Yafo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Breakfast 24/7 at BENEDICT"
- Commented on one of Danalia's Tel Aviv-Yafo travel pages
- updated a Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Page "Tel-Aviv & Yaffo, Israel's 24hr City"
Photos in Tel Aviv-YafoSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues