"Meet the La Brea Tar Lake" La Brea by Martin_S.
La Brea Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
This is the sight that greets you as you walk down from the reception center where you get you tickets and guide. You need a guide here so you won't go in and not come out, like the saber tooth tigers and others.
If you take a close look at the picture you can see a dark swath just below the horizon, that is the deeper part of the lake where nothing grows. The point where we are standing supports all sorts of green vegetation and flowers.
This is a closeup of how the tar looks. The moisture that collects in these indentations takes on the color of whatever minerals and oils that the tar has suspended in it there. Some are clear, or murky, almost grey, while some are rainbows of color.
- Pros:An amazing natural wonder.
- Cons:Make sure you don't get stuck
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Badges & Stats in La Brea
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to La Brea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Brea
Photos in La BreaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues