"Erlangen by Ossi" Erlangen by Ossi.P
Erlangen Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 62 photos
actually i don't live in Erlangen, but in a village near it. But I consider Erlangen as my home town, because I was born and attend school there!
You may think that Erlangen isn't one of the most interesting cities in Germany...and I guess you are right. It hasn't a lot of medieval stuff most tourists are keen on, but it has its very own special charm and that's why I love it!!!
Most of the town was built by huguenot people who fled from France due to religious persecution.
In the 19th century Erlangen was famous for its beer around the world (also exports to USA, etc.).
But only few of the former 18 breweries still exist today.
Nowadays Erlangen has a population of about 100000.
There are only two things that keep the city alive:
first the "Friedrich-Alexander" university, which is one of the oldest in Bavaria,
and second the Siemens company which employs most of Erlangen's population.
For more information about Erlangen visit www.erlangen.com
<font color=red>Did you know that MP3 was invented in Erlangen???</font>
You should make a trip to the nearby 'Fränkische Schweiz' It's a beautiful hillcountry with old castles (also ruins) and... more travel advice
Visit the city of Bamberg for a day!!! Bamberg is a very old city with a wonderful medieval center. And due ti its small... more travel advice
Ossi.P's Related Pages
Erlangen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Big beer festival - besides Oktoberfest..."
- "ERLANGEN- A TINY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "a_manisa's new Erlangen Page"
- "Erlangen by Ossi"
- "tom0990's new Erlangen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Erlangen
- Hotels in Erlangen
- Transportation in Erlangen
- Nightlife in Erlangen
- Restaurants in Erlangen
- Shopping in Erlangen
- Warnings and Dangers in Erlangen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Erlangen
- 12 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Erlangen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erlangen
Photos in ErlangenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Bogotá Intro, 26 reviews, 11 photos
- Colombia Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nürnberg Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Erlangen Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tabio Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zipaquirá Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cajicá Intro, 1 review, 3 photos