"Norfolk: Home of the Atlantic Fleet" Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk by Tom_Fields
Norfolk Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 350 photos
Norfolk is full of history, and has a lot to see and do. The city has lively entertainment, nightlife, and good restaurants. It has a number of fine museums, notably the famous Nauticus Center, devoted to the sea.
This is the world's largest naval base, with an assortment of warships. Like its namesake in England, it has a naval heritage stretching back through the years.
- Pros:Great if you like things of the sea
- Cons:Not so good if you're strictly a landlubber
- In a nutshell:The Navy town on the east coast
All summer, Town Point Park hosts a variety of festivals and cultural events. Live music, food booths, and local crafts... more travel advice
Just as other cities and towns have their icons, Norfolk has its icon, too. In keeping with the city's maritime... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Norfolk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Norfolk by the Sea""
- "Hampton Roads & Norfolk - Major Port and Navy Town"
- "Tidewater Region, Virginia"
- "Norfolk: Home of the Atlantic Fleet"
- "Norfolk, VA"
- "Norfolk, Virginia"
- "My college destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norfolk
- Hotels in Norfolk
- Transportation in Norfolk
- Nightlife in Norfolk
- Restaurants in Norfolk
- Shopping in Norfolk
- Warnings and Dangers in Norfolk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norfolk
- 10 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Norfolk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norfolk
Photos in NorfolkSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue