"New Braunfels" Top 5 Page for this destination New Braunfels by Tom_Fields
New Braunfels Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 248 photos
New Braunfels was founded in 1845, under a German charter, by a German prince named Prince Carl of Solms. He named his new city New Braunfels, for his own native Braunfels region of Germany. Prince Carl acquired the nickname "Texas Carl" for his desire to bring Germans to Texas.
This is one of the most charming towns in the Texas Hill County, with a number of attractions. One of the most popular is the Schlitterbaun water park (which I didn't visit). Another is the nearby historic town of Gruene. And a favorite pastime in summer is tubing down the Guadalupe River.
Located just off I-35, between Austin and San Antonio, it's a perfect day outing from anywhere in Central Texas.
This is a favorite place for tubing and other water recreation. Of course, not all of it is navigable; you should place your tube in below these rapids.
Gruene is the most picturesque part of New Braunfels. It has been, as the web site puts it, "Gently resisting change since 1872". Just across the Gualalupe River from New Braunfels.
- In a nutshell:One of the jewels of the Texas Hill Country
Along the Guadalupe River is scenic River Road. Starting in downtown New Braunfels, it offers some excellent scenery. more travel advice
This is one of the truly unique nightspots in Texas. There is nowhere else to compare with this place. Opened in 1878,... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
New Braunfels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day in New Braunfels"
- "New Braunfels"
- "Mighty's new New Braunfels Page"
- "Keeweechic's New Braunfels"
- "Basaic New Braunfels Page"
- "Great food at the historic Gristmill Restaurant"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Braunfels
- Hotels in New Braunfels
- Transportation in New Braunfels
- Nightlife in New Braunfels
- Restaurants in New Braunfels
- Shopping in New Braunfels
- Warnings and Dangers in New Braunfels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Braunfels
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to New Braunfels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Braunfels
Photos in New BraunfelsSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue