"Georgetown: Charleston's Little Sister" Georgetown by Tom_Fields
Georgetown Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 102 photos
Here is a pleasant little coastal town. Northeast of Charleston, it makes a nice day trip for anyone staying there. This is the third oldest city in South Carolina (after Charleston and Beaufort), dating from 1729. It has been a bustling port ever since.
The major local crops used to be rice and indigo, but they are no longer profitable. Today, lumber, paper, and tourism have been mainstays of the economy.
- Pros:Charming, historic coastal town
- In a nutshell:A good day trip from Charleston
Georgetown has a long, beautiful stretch of beach, one of the best in South Carolina. more travel advice
Here is something very enjoyable that you can do for free, which offers fine views of the town and the harbor. more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer, 2003"
- "georgetown south carolina"
- "ICW Trip 2001 Leg 14 Georgetown SC"
- "Georgetown: Charleston's Little Sister"
- "Georgetown, South Carolina"
- "Around town"
- "Some Georgetown Scenes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue