"Zanesville" Zanesville by Tom_Fields
Zanesville Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
Founded by Colonel Ebenezer Zane and his son-in-law John McIntire in the 1790s, Zanesville was a major stopping point on the old National Road (now US Highway 40). It was Ohio's capital from 1810 to 1812. Today, it remains a manufacturing and distribution center, at the junction of the Licking and Muskingum Rivers.
Notable among the town's natives were astronaut and Senator John Glenn, actor Richard Basehart, actress Agnes Morehead, and author Zane Grey.
Zanesville is known for this most extraordinary feature--a Y-shaped bridge that crosses the two rivers downtown. The first one was built in 1814. This is the fifth Y Bridge, built in 1984.
- In a nutshell:Worth stopping to see
It's nothing fancy, but the Dining Car restaurant offers good, American-style deli food like soups, salads, sandwiches,... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Zanesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zanesville Page"
- "A (VERY) QUICK TRIP THROUGH ZANESVILLE, OHIO"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zanesville
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Zanesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanesville
Photos in ZanesvilleSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue