"Sodus Point" Sodus Point by Tom_Fields
Sodus Point Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 54 photos
This is one of the little-known attractions of New York. Situated along the southern shore of Lake Ontario, Sodus Point is where many locals go for a weekend getaway. The town has a fine marina, a favorite with boaters. Nearby is Chimney Bluffs State Park, one of the most unusual lakefronts that I've ever seen.
The wind and water have created some truly otherworldly rock formations, reminiscent of the ones at the Badlands in South Dakota. Follow the hiking trail through the woods, and you'll see them.
- Pros:Picturesque spot on Lake Ontario
- Cons:Very out-of-the-way
- In a nutshell:If you can find time, go see it
This is one of New York's most unusual parks. The strange rock formations, carved by wind and water, appear like... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Sodus Point Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chimney Bluffs State Park"
- "Sodus Point, NY... Along Lake Ontario....."
- "Sodus Point"
- "Welcome to Sodus Point!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sodus Point
- Hotels in Sodus Point
- Restaurants in Sodus Point
- Warnings and Dangers in Sodus Point
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sodus Point
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Sodus Point?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sodus Point
Photos in Sodus PointSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue