"Virginia City: Home of the Comstock Lode" Virginia City by Tom_Fields
Virginia City Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 233 photos
This town became the richest in the entire US because of the famous Comstock Lode. It was the largest silver deposit ever found up to that time.
Virginia City is well-preserved. Try to find a time to visit during the week; weekends get very crowded.
Virginia City has a number of historic, Gold Rush-era saloons. Each has its own colorful past, which locals will be glad to share with visitors.
- Pros:Lots of history
- Cons:OK, it is a bit of a tourist trap
- In a nutshell:It's a fun place to go
The road from Reno to Virginia City is very scenic. Of particular interest is the scenic overlook on the right, where... more travel advice
This Catholic Church was built by "Paddy" Manogue, who ministered to miners and later became archbishop of... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Virginia City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Virginia City~Echos of Pioneers"
- "An authentic boomtown"
- "The Original Virginia City"
- "A Town of Old Memories"
- "Veins of Silver (and a camel too)"
- "Virginia City"
- "v i r g i n i a c i t y"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Virginia City
- Hotels in Virginia City
- Transportation in Virginia City
- Nightlife in Virginia City
- Restaurants in Virginia City
- Shopping in Virginia City
- Warnings and Dangers in Virginia City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Virginia City
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Virginia City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Virginia City
Photos in Virginia CitySee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue