"Las Vegas: You Bet!" Las Vegas by Tom_Fields
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,528 reviews and 17,663 photos
This is one of America's unique cities. In many ways, it's the essentially American city. Everything is here today, gone tomorrow. Any casino that is over thirty years old is likely to be torn down before too long, especially on the Strip.
Here, life moves at a frenetic clip. The city has a go-go atmosphere that is fun for awhile, but can get old over time.
Las Vegas is a photographer's paradise. Nearly anything, except gambling rooms and some exhibits, may be photographed. There is a lot to see.
You can enjoy yourself without gambling. Las Vegas has a lot of free shows, fine buffets, and ample opportunities for browsing and people-watching.
In addition, the city has attractions nearby--Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, the Valley of Fire, and other sights. So don't spend all your time gambling away all your money.
The older, downtown part of Las Vegas is perhaps less trendy than the Strip, and many visitors overlook it. But it has some great live shows, including the Fremont Street Experience, and some excellent live music. I'm not a big gambler, but those who are say that the odds tend to be better here, or in the suburbs, than on the Strip. After all, SOMEBODY has to pay for all the extravagant displays on the Strip, right? Downtown is more casual. And they have some fine buffets there, too.
- Pros:Warm climate, always things going on
- Cons:Be careful gambling
- In a nutshell:There's more to Las Vegas than throwing away your money
They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But nothing really stays in Vegas forever. Even some of the most famed,... more travel advice
The Strip is, of course, the main tourist destination in Las Vegas. Its southern end, near the airport, is the Mandalay... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 34 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue