"Stillwater: Where Minnesota History Began" Stillwater by Tom_Fields
Stillwater Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 57 photos
During my travel in Minnesota, I spent a day sightseeing in this scenic town on the St. Croix River. Founded in 1843, this is where the elected representatives of Minnesota drew up the petition for statehood.
It's an old lumber town, with some manufacturing, dairy processing, and a growing tourist industry. This town is only about 18 miles east of St. Paul--perfect for a day trip.
This is an excellent place to eat, shop, or just spend a few hours. Walking across the bridge takes you to Wisconsin (the only time I've actually been there).
- Pros:Very picturesque
- Cons:Don't remember any
- In a nutshell:This is the starting point of Minnesota history
This is the best way to learn about Stillwater, especially if you're just here for the day. See great views of the town,... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Stillwater Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stillwater, Minnesota"
- "Stillwater. The perfect day trip."
- "Minnesota Nice"
- "Stillwater: Where Minnesota History Began"
- "My matralineal connection"
- "Freecloud's Stillwater page"
- "STILLWATER, MINNESOTA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stillwater
- Hotels in Stillwater
- Transportation in Stillwater
- Restaurants in Stillwater
- Shopping in Stillwater
- Warnings and Dangers in Stillwater
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stillwater
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Stillwater?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stillwater
Photos in StillwaterSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue