"College Park: History in Our Backyard" College Park by Tom_Fields
College Park Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 119 photos
Tucked away in the Washington suburbs is the town of College Park, home of the University of Maryland. It's also the site of the oldest airfield still in use. Right here, in Washington's backyard, the Wright Brothers conducted some of their most important work.
College Park has a Metro Stop on the Green Line, and is served by the East-West Highway. It's located just inside the Washington Beltway, just a few miles outside the DC boundary.
- Pros:Very convenient to DC and Baltimore
- In a nutshell:Good place for a short day trip
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
College Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "First Class University and Aviation History"
- "College Park"
- "College Park - Home of the University of Maryland"
- "College Park: History in Our Backyard"
- "s.l.keeling's new College Park Page"
- "Home of the University of Maryland"
- "College Students Forever"
- See All...
- Things to Do in College Park
- Hotels in College Park
- Restaurants in College Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in College Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to College Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in College Park
Photos in College ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue