"Frankfort: The Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfort by Tom_Fields
Frankfort Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 403 photos
Nestled in the northern part of Kentucky's bluegrass country, Frankfort is one of the country's most attractive state capitals. It's almost a suburb of Lexington. The Kentucky River flows through it, after winding its way through the hills to the souteast.
- Pros:Very attractive town
- In a nutshell:An excellent day excursion from Louisville
Here are three prime examples of southern antebellum architecture, dating back well before the Civil War. They are all... more travel advice
Built in 1830, this building is the only state capitol taken by the Confederates during the Civil War. It is now... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Frankfort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frankly My Dear..... it's Frankfort, KY"
- "Compromise Capitol"
- "History City"
- "Frankfort: The Capital"
- "Day Trip to Frankfort Kentucky"
- "Frankfort Kentucky"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfort
- Hotels in Frankfort
- Nightlife in Frankfort
- Restaurants in Frankfort
- Shopping in Frankfort
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfort
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfort
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Frankfort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfort
Photos in FrankfortSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue