"Gem of Western Colorado" Colorado National Monument by Tom_Fields
Colorado National Monument Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 94 photos
In the western part of Colorado stands a vast escarpment, whose western face has gradually eroded. In the process, the rock face has been transformed into huge, spectacular rock formations.
Rim Rock Drive takes visitors along the top of the escarpment, offering great views of this incredible landscape. You need to allow about half a day to take it all in.
The city of Grand Junction lies a few miles to the northeast of the monument. It offers lodging, a number of restaurants, and some shopping. It's a good place to stay while visiting the monument.
- Pros:Scenery is great
- Cons:It's a long way out
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Colorado National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorado NM - Land of Plateaus & Canyons"
- "Like the Little Grand CAnyon"
- "Colorado National Monument"
- "A scenic bypass just outside Grand Junction"
- "Gem of Western Colorado"
- "Colorado Territory"
- "Pictures of Colorado National Monument"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colorado National Monument
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Colorado National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colorado National Monument
Photos in Colorado National MonumentSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue