"Yuba City: No Reason to Stop" Yuba City by Tom_Fields
Yuba City Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 11 photos
Yuba City has practically NOTHING to write about. If you need to stop here for gas, do yourself a favor and make it a very brief stop. There's no other reason to come here.
Yuba City has NO art, NO culture, NO entertainment, NO nightlife, NO major events, NO points of interest, and very little shopping. The town has a mall, a McDonald's, a Burger King, a Blockbuster, a K-Mart, a KFC, an Applebee's, a Starbucks, a few grocery stores, etc.
Garden Highway, shown here, has the courthouse and a few other old buildings. Not much to see.
Crime is rampant, as gangs move in from all over the state. Traffic is unbelievable for such a small town. Worst of all, the crystal meth epidemic has swept through this town; it's the principal center of the drug trade in northern California.
- Pros:Nice climate
- Cons:Nothing to do, unless you're a meth addict
- In a nutshell:Don't bother stopping here
OK--here's a point of interest near Yuba City. About ten miles west of the town, on Highway 20, is a modest historical... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Yuba City Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Yuba City
- Hotels in Yuba City
- Restaurants in Yuba City
- Warnings and Dangers in Yuba City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yuba City
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Yuba City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yuba City
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue