"Truckee: Gateway to the Sierra Nevadas" Top 5 Page for this destination Truckee by Tom_Fields
Truckee Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 67 photos
This town, high in the Sierra Nevada mountains, is on I-80, west of Reno. If you're heading west into California, through the Donner Pass, this is on the way.
It's a great way to beat the intense summer heat. Winter is very cold and snowy, so it's best to avoid going then. If you do, have snow chains on your tires.
- Pros:Perfect location for exploring the Sierra Nevadas
- Cons:Don't go during the winter; too much snow
- In a nutshell:A perfect day trip from Reno
Here is an excellent place to stay, eat, and browse in the shops. It's a pleasant day trip from Reno. more travel advice
The Donner Pass offers the best views of the Sierra Nevada mountains, Truckee, and Donner Lake. more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Truckee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stopping point over the Sierras"
- "What a Rush"
- "Truckee: Gateway to the Sierra Nevadas"
- "A mountain paradise!"
- "SwedishChef's new Truckee page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truckee
- Hotels in Truckee
- Transportation in Truckee
- Nightlife in Truckee
- Restaurants in Truckee
- Shopping in Truckee
- Warnings and Dangers in Truckee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Truckee
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Truckee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truckee
Photos in TruckeeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue