"Je me souviens" Province of Quebec by Tom_Fields
Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,664 reviews and 15,076 photos
The phrase "je me souviens" means "I remember." Its significance is rooted in the history of this province. I remember who I am, where I came from, and what my ancestors achieved.
The French settled here in the 17th century, founding Quebec City and Montreal. After the British conquest in the French and Indian War, many French inhabitants were driven out. But others have remained.
Ever since, Canada has had to deal with the deep cultural differences between the English- and French-speakers. As a visitor, one can enjoy the best of both worlds. Of course, it's advantageous to know some French--at least enough to read the signs (I have retained that much). But most people here are bi-lingual. So don't allow your lack of French language skills to hold you back.
- In a nutshell:Canada's most unique place
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Province of Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Province of Quebec - Historic and Amazing!"
- "Quebec: A Unique North American Place"
- "Biking my way through Quebec one road at a time!"
- "Quebec- La belle province"
- "Quebec, Canada"
- "Pierre_Rouss Province of Québec page"
- "Quebec.....Europe without the jetlag!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Quebec
- Hotels in Province of Quebec
- Transportation in Province of Quebec
- Nightlife in Province of Quebec
- Restaurants in Province of Quebec
- Shopping in Province of Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Quebec
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec
- 43 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Province of Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Quebec
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Province of Quebec hotels
- Montreal Hotels
- 3656 Reviews - 6821 Photos
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Quebec Hotels
- 1562 Reviews - 3447 Photos
- Laval Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Hull Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Dorval Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Sainte-Foy Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Sainte-Adèle Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Île Bizard Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Rimouski Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Montebello Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Gaspé Hotels
- 150 Reviews - 411 Photos
- Ayers Cliff Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Gatineau Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 204 Photos
- Saint-Lambert Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo