"Bedford" Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford by Tom_Fields
Bedford Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 82 photos
Bedford is known as the home of John Bunyan (1628-1688), author of The Pilgrim's Progress. After serving in the Parliamentary army during the English Civil War, he became one of England's leading Puritan thinkers, writers, and preachers. However, the Restoration of the monarchy in 1660 also made the Church of England the only recognized church in the country. Non-conformists were imprisoned, including Bunyan. During this time, he authored his famous works.
Bedford is an attractive town on the banks of the River Great Ouse, in East Anglia. It has some excellent markets, and several historic churches.
This is the old Town Hall in Bedford.
- In a nutshell:A good day trip from London
This is Bedford's main shopping centre, at least in the town centre. It has most of the major chain stores found... more travel advice
Bedford is a very attractive town, with plenty of parks along the River Great Ouse. One can spend hours exploring them. more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Bedford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bedford - My Home Town"
- " Always Home....."
- "MY HOMETOWN FOR THE TIME BEING..."
- "Quite a nice town"
- "A Day in Bedford"
- "Bedford My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bedford
- Hotels in Bedford
- Nightlife in Bedford
- Restaurants in Bedford
- Shopping in Bedford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bedford
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Bedford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bedford
Photos in BedfordSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue