"Boston: Medieval Port" Boston by Tom_Fields
Boston Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 97 photos
Here is the original Boston. This town was one of medieval England's busiest seaports. Here, the River Witham winds its way to the Wash, which is an inlet off of the North Sea. Boston is in southeastern Lincolnshire, near the border with Norfolk. Its old town centre has seen few big changes, preserving its old medieval appearance.
This river was once a key artery of commerce. It's relatively quiet today, with only an occasional pleasure craft plying its waters.
- Pros:A historical gem
- Cons:Rather out of the way, but worth the trip
- In a nutshell:A good day outing from Lincoln or Peterborough
This is known as the grandest house in Boston. Built in 1726 for Samuel Jackson, it was purchased by the Fydell family.... more travel advice
The Guildhall of St Mary's guild is where the leaders of the Pilgrims were tried for attempting to leave the country... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Returning to root - Sourbuggers home"
- "HOME 1"
- "Boston: Medieval Port"
- "Boston, England."
- "Pilgrims and canals"
- "Boston, Lincolnshire, UK"
- "A day trip to Boston's environs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue