"Cambridge" Cambridge by Tom_Fields
Cambridge Travel Guide: 856 reviews and 1,862 photos
Cambridge and Oxford are old rivals, rather like Harvard and Yale. These are the two oldest, most historic universities in England, whose roster of distinguished graduates would fill volumes. Like Oxford, Cambridge is a good place to visit and just look around.
Remember that the universities, like those at Oxford, are still institutions of learning, NOT museums. Always be mindful of that when strolling about, and do not venture inside any spaces that are closed to the general public.
- Pros:Beautiful town
- Cons:Be careful about where you go
- In a nutshell:One of East Anglia's best attractions
If you visit the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, try to see one of the huge international air shows. This museum has... more travel advice
The earliest known church here goes back to the 12th century. In 1326, Hervey de Stanton, Chancellor to King Edward II,... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just a few Bits about Cambridge"
- "City of cycles and Colleges"
- "Cambridge - My temporary UK hometown"
- "My Home Town!"
- "Oxford is a complete arse...."
- "Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England"
- "Cambridge student haven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambridge
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Transportation in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 12 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Photos in CambridgeSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue