"My Tales of Canterbury" Canterbury by Tom_Fields
Canterbury Travel Guide: 493 reviews and 1,027 photos
This is one of Britain's historic religious centers. The Cathedral is one of the grandest in the country (and that's saying something). Canterbury's old medieval quarter is a wonderful place to simply stroll about.
It's a fine place for a day excursion from London, with regular rail service. And on the way, you can take in the lovely Kentish countryside.
- Pros:Great place to visit
- Cons:Can get crowded during the tourist season
- In a nutshell:Another excellent day outing from London
One can have a great time simply walking about the center of old medieval Canterbury. While visiting, take an hour or... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Canterbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Stomping Ground !"
- "WHITECLIFFS CANTERBURY TALES"
- "Historical Canterbury."
- "Not really a pilgrimage......."
- "A Tale of a Cathedral? It's Canterbury."
- "Canterbury and the cathedral"
- "More than just the Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canterbury
- Hotels in Canterbury
- Transportation in Canterbury
- Nightlife in Canterbury
- Restaurants in Canterbury
- Shopping in Canterbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Canterbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canterbury
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Canterbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canterbury
Photos in CanterburySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue