"Cromer: Jewel of the Norfolk Coast" Cromer by Tom_Fields
Cromer Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 31 photos
Cromer is one of those quaint seaside resorts in Britain which most foreign tourists just never see. After all, one just does NOT visit the UK to go to the beach.
But it has some truly lovely seacoast, and is a pleasant day outing from Norwich, Peterborough, Lincoln, or anywhere else in the eastern counties.
While visiting during the summer, be sure to try the local delicacy, Cromer crab. It's a special treat.
The people here have a proud maritime heritage. One aspect of it that stuck in my mind was a monument to Henry Blogg. He was a coxswain of the Cromer life-boats, who distinguished himself during his service from 1909-1947. He and his crew are credited with rescuing 873 people from the sea.
Cromer has a beautiful old parish church, near the town centre.
- Pros:Pleasant seaside resort
- In a nutshell:While visiting Norfolk, don't miss Cromer
This is the local delicacy, in season during summer. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it. more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Cromer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "memories of childhood"
- "ThE pLaCe I LoVe LiVe aNd WorK"
- "Cromer: Jewel of the Norfolk Coast"
- "CROMER FUN FUN FUN"
- "WHERE CRABS ARE KING"
- "COLD CROMER"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cromer
- Hotels in Cromer
- Restaurants in Cromer
- Warnings and Dangers in Cromer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cromer
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Cromer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromer
Photos in CromerSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue