"Ripon: North Yorkshire's Other Cathedral City" Top 5 Page for this destination Ripon by Tom_Fields
Ripon Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 202 photos
Most visitors to North Yorkshire naturally want to see York. That's definitely the place to go. But if you've seen it, and want to take in more of North Yorkshire, then Ripon should be the next stop. It is similar to York, but much smaller. Like York, it has an imposing cathedral (albeit smaller), some nice museums, and very pleasant medieval streets. Not a bad place for a day trip.
- Pros:Great place to spend a day
- Cons:OK, not quite equal to York, but...
- In a nutshell:Certainly well worth a visit
Each evening, at 9:00 pm sharp, regardless of weather, the Hornblower appears in the market square, and sets the watch.... more travel advice
The Town Hall is one of Ripon's most elegant buildings. Designed by James Wyatt, it was completed in 1801. The... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Ripon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The ancient Cathedral City of North Yorkshire"
- "For the cathedral and the Hornblower....."
- "Ripon: North Yorkshire's Other Cathedral City"
- "Circular Walk - Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal"
- "Swinton Park"
- "A pretty old town in Yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ripon
- Hotels in Ripon
- Transportation in Ripon
- Restaurants in Ripon
- Shopping in Ripon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ripon
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Ripon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ripon
Photos in RiponSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue