"St Ives, Cambridgeshire" Saint Ives by Tom_Fields
Saint Ives Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Here is another small, quaint, colorful town in the English countryside. St Ives is a pleasant place to spend an afternoon. It's named for St Ivo, a Persian bishop. The central town square, known as Market Hill, hosts one of the largest public markets in England, every Monday.
Oliver Cromwell, who became Lord Protector after his victory in the English Civil War, was born in nearby Huntingdon. He spent his last years in Ely, not far away. His statue continues to stand guard over Market Hill.
- Pros:Perfect for a day trip.
- Cons:Too small for an entire weekend.
- In a nutshell:While visiting Cambridgeshire, take time for St Ives.
This 18th century watermill is a National Trust property. It's the last one of its kind on the River Great Ouse. Located... more travel advice
The Congregations of the United Reformed Church built this structure in 1865; it was refurbished in 1979. In addition to... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Saint Ives Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "cjg1's St. Ives United Kingdom Page"
- "St Ives, Cambridgeshire"
- "Check WHICH St. Ives!"
- "A brief stop at St Ives; Barbara Hepworth"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Ives
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Saint Ives?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Ives
Photos in Saint IvesSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue