"A Bit of Paradise" Bay of Islands by Tom_Fields
Bay of Islands Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 293 photos
This is the premier vacation spot on the North Island. My base of operations was Pahia, a resort town on the bay. From there, one can explore the whole area by boat or bus.
From Pahia, book a boat tour to visit the islands. There's a lot to see out there.
- In a nutshell:One of New Zealand's best attractions
In 1840, William Hobson, representing the British crown, signed a treaty with the local Maori tribes. The treaty formed... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Bay of Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Playground of the North"
- "Lovely spot in the north"
- "A wonderful weekend at Cliffedge, Opua"
- "A week in waterland"
- "A Bit of Paradise"
- "Bay of Islands - summertime holiday capital!"
- "Bay of Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bay of Islands
- Hotels in Bay of Islands
- Transportation in Bay of Islands
- Restaurants in Bay of Islands
- Shopping in Bay of Islands
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bay of Islands
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Bay of Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bay of Islands
Photos in Bay of IslandsSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue