"Ponce: Puerto Rico's Other City" Ponce by Tom_Fields
Ponce Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 150 photos
Ponce's city center is built around a gorgeous plaza, known as La Plaza Delicias (the Plaza of Delights). With the Cathedral, some fountains, statues, and the famous Fire Station Museum known as El Parque de Bombas, it is a must-see. If you see nothing else in Ponce, see this city square.
Near Ponce are a number of historical and scenic attractions. Perhaps the best known is the Castillo Serralles. Once the home of Ponce's pre-eminent family, this is now a popular tourist place. Another favorite is the beach. Here, the hot Caribbean sun keeps the water warm year-round. Bring sunblock!
- Pros:Very beautiful city center, warm all year
- In a nutshell:Great place for a day or weekend trip
This is Ponce's premier art museum. Designed by Edward Durrel Stone, it has 14 galleries containing about 3,000 pieces.... more travel advice
Pedro Adolfo de Castro designed this building for the wealthy sugar cane magnate Eugenio Serrallés. It was built in... more travel advice
Tom_Fields' Related Pages
Ponce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ponce: La Perla del Sur"
- "A Little Punch of Culture"
- "Travel Notes from Ponce"
- "Ponce es Ponce"
- "Ponce: Puerto Rico's Other City"
- "Driving towards Ponce from the west"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ponce
- Hotels in Ponce
- Nightlife in Ponce
- Restaurants in Ponce
- Shopping in Ponce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ponce
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Ponce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ponce
Photos in PonceSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 137 reviews, 524 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 79 reviews, 328 photos, 1 travelogue
- Greater London Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 28 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 36 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 113 photos
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 107 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 101 photos
- Toronto Intro, 26 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue