"The urban centre of the Okanagan Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna by Carmanah
Kelowna Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 194 photos
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Location: 49° 53' North, 119° 29' West
Population: 106,707 (2006 Census)
Incorporated: May 4, 1905
Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley, a semi-arid valley located half way between the Rockies and the coast. It's a popular summer getaway destination for many nearby families because the summers are always hot and dry while having many activities to do.
Kelowna is located on the eastern shore of Lake Okanagan and is blessed with many sandy beaches. In the summer these beaches are popular for swimming, jet-skiing, water-skiing, and boating. Kelowna is also surrounded by dozens of wineries. As a result, it makes for a good base if you wish to do some winery tours and wine tasting.
Because I grew up in Vancouver, my family would often spend our summer holidays around Kelowna and the Okanagan. I have a lot of fond memories here.
- Pros:Hot summers, beautiful lakeside promenades and beaches, close proximity to over 65 wineries, nearby several ski hills during the winter months
- Cons:Lots of suburban sprall = lack of character in the city, Hwy 97 cuts down the middle of the city
- In a nutshell:A perfect summer getaway
Located along the east shore of Lake Okanagan at the southern limits of Kelowna, Bertram Creek Regional Park is one of... more travel advice
Carmanah's Related Pages
Kelowna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GREAT LOCATION ON OKANAGAN LAKE!"
- "Kelowna, in the sunny Okanagan Valley"
- "My Kelowna :)"
- "Kelowna- Ripe with Surprises"
- "The urban centre of the Okanagan Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kelowna
- Hotels in Kelowna
- Transportation in Kelowna
- Nightlife in Kelowna
- Restaurants in Kelowna
- Shopping in Kelowna
- Warnings and Dangers in Kelowna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kelowna
- 9 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Kelowna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kelowna
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "Re: Canadian Crafts shops on..."
- Wrote a Review Tour St-Hubertas Winery in Kelowna Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bertram Creek Regional Park"
- updated a Kelowna Travel Page "The urban centre of the Okanagan Valley"
- Commented on one of Ken_Weaver's Kelowna travel pages
Photos in KelownaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 238 reviews, 390 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston Intro, 54 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 59 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 39 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tofino Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 27 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue