"Coupeville, Washington" Coupeville by Carmanah

Coupeville Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 31 photos

Coupeville, Washington, USA
Location: 48° 22' North, 122° 68' West
Population: 1,723 (2000 Census)
Incorporated: April 20, 1910

Coupeville is a small seaside town located on Whidbey Island, in Washington state. Whidbey Island is located north of Seattle in the Puget Sound.

The first time I discovered Coupeville was in the summer of 1992 with my family. We had planned our summer vacation along the Olympic Peninsula and had to take a small ferry across Puget Sound from Whidbey Island to Port Townsend. We dropped by Coupeville before boarding the ferry. These pictures are from that afternoon.

The last time I went to Coupeville was also with my family, but it was in 1999. Not much had changed in the town - it was still cute! My fondest memory is probably eating ice cream while wandering around the town.

• Pros:Quaint, cute, no chain restaurants or stores, seaside views, nearby the ferry terminal to the Olympic Peninsula, close to many beaches and parks
  • Cons:It's a nice place to visit for an afternoon, but that's about it. There's not really a lot to do in Coupeville!
  • In a nutshell:The cute old-fashioned American seaside town you see in the movies
  • Last visit to Coupeville: Aug 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2007

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2003 at 7:59 PM

Oh! You've been to Coupeville! Me too! Oops, it's not among my exotic travel pages but I've got San De Fuca which is right across Penn Cove. PS: I've been to Vancouver Chinatown too!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2003 at 8:48 PM

my next destination got to be washington. nice page

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2002 at 9:23 AM

seen from here,it looks as if we discover an unknown,or forgotten,city !tks for showing it...

Carmanah

“You only live once!”

Badges & Stats in Coupeville

Have you been to Coupeville?

Latest Activity in Coupeville