"An hour or two in Chelan, Washington" Chelan by Carmanah
Chelan Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 35 photos
Chelan is a small town located on the south bank of Lake Chelan in the north-central region of Washington state. Located east of the Cascade mountains, Chelan has a big tourism industry, mostly because of vacationers who want to spend time along the lake. The weather is ideal as the climate is semi-arid. I remember my uncle always talking about taking his family to Lake Chelan. It was nice to finally put a picture to the name!
One thing we learned about Chelan was that it's home to the state's apple industry. The town seemed to be so proud of its apple heritage - many stores seemed to play up the apple theme. Apple sauce, apple cookbooks, fresh apple juice, apple candies, apple decorations, apple t-shirts - you name it, and they had it.
In the summer of 1997 my family spent a week touring the Washington state Cascades, and with that we passed through Chelan on the eastern side of the mountain range. While we didn't spend more than 2 hours in Chelan, we did manage to take in the town's atmopshere and capture it on film.
Yes... after an hour of window-shopping (and music memorabilia shopping), we finally had time to relax! While it really... more travel advice
try to get out onto the water. While we unfortunately didn't have time, Lake Chelan seems to be the local 'Mecca' for... more travel advice
Carmanah's Related Pages
Chelan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An hour or two in Chelan, Washington"
- "I live here."
- "Chelan - Lakeside Resort"
- "City of Chelan, Washington USA and Lake Chelan"
- "Lake Chelan"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chelan
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chelan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chelan
Photos in ChelanSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 238 reviews, 390 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston Intro, 54 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 59 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 39 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tofino Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 27 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue