"Lednice" Lednice by fipsi
Lednice Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 106 photos
Near the town of Mikulov and near the border to Austria, there are two beautiful palaces that used to belong to the Liechtenstein-family. The one is Lednice (German: Eisgrub) and the other one is called Valtice (German: Feldsberg).
Both palaces are embedded in a picturesque landscape, which is part of the UNESCO-World Heritage:
Between the 17th and 20th centuries, the ruling dukes of Liechtenstein transformed their domains in southern Moravia into a striking landscape. It married Baroque architecture (mainly the work of Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach) and the classical and neo-Gothic style of the castles of Lednice and Valtice with countryside fashioned according to English romantic principles of landscape architecture. At 200 sq. km, it is one of the largest artificial landscapes in Europe.
(from: UNESCO-World Heritage-Homepage)
Lednice is one of the most important tourist attractions in the Czech Republic. Several times rebuilt it represents itself today in the Tudor-Style (Tudor, as most of you know, was the English Kings-Dynasty in the 16th century).
Inside you find furniture in the Tudor-Style as well as arms, porcelain and hunting trophies.
Worth seeing are also the Palm House from 1835 and the wonderful baroque garden with its Minaret from 1797, an artificial ruin or the Diana-temple.
fipsi's Related Pages
Lednice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SO MUCH TO SEE AT LEDNICE"
- "Lednice na Morave and surroundings"
- "A Wombat in Lednice Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lednice
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lednice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lednice
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odessa Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hämeenlinna Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Hamina Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Savonlinna Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Venzone Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Tampere Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos