Kobe Things to Do Tips by nathasha Top 5 Page for this destination
Kobe Things to Do: 99 reviews and 207 photos
ikuta taisha - a wonderful celebration of colours!! new year is the most lively & colourful season in the life of a jinja, as japanese go there to pray and wish for the best for the coming year :) throw a coin, ring the bell, clap your hands twice to awaken the gods' attention, and pray!!!
remember, its high time to wear a kimono :))
the central jinja in the middle of the city, sannomiya :)) the streets around this area are buzzling with life both in the day and in the evening, u can find shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, night clubs, hotels...
...and in the middle of this modern, urban jungle is ikuta taisha (shinto shrine) in its timelessness with its prayers whispering in the air...u can truly experience the nostalgic beauty of the contrast here...
Address: ikuta road
nathasha in nankinmachi!!!
nankinmachi is the busy china town of kobe :)) it has a cozy & warm ambience even on the coldest winter days....the crowds that block the streets of japan are present here as well, however, if u don`t wanna be a part of the hussle, u can just sit back in a cafe & watch the people traffic :))
there are numerous restaurants, gift shops with everything from chinese food stuffs to china dresses and plastic toys made in taiwan :D
Directions: opposite of daimaru, u can`t miss the impressive entrance :))
Other Contact: see my travelogue for more!!!
More Reviews (10)
- See All feeling too skinny??? get a choco cro...
- rokko & maya - the mountains of kobe!!!
- See All if u have nowhere else to go....
nathasha's Related Pages
Kobe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KOBE- PORT CITY"
- "kobe city by nathasha!!! ƒiƒ^ƒbƒVƒƒ‚Ì?_ŒË?I?I?I"
- "A Lady of the Night"
- "My Kobe Homepage"
- "AyurinHiro's new Kobe Page"
- "Sakura's Kobe page"
- "FIRST DAY IN JAPAN, FIRST TIME IN KOBE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kobe
- Hotels in Kobe
- Transportation in Kobe
- Nightlife in Kobe
- Restaurants in Kobe
- Shopping in Kobe
- Warnings and Dangers in Kobe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kobe
- 13 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kobe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kobe
- updated a Kobe Travelogue "nankinmachi :))))"
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: Re: recommendations on where..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "kobe city by nathasha!!! ƒiƒ^ƒbƒVƒƒ‚Ì?_ŒË?I?I?I"
- Wrote a Review nankinmachi!!!!! about Chinatown (Nankin-Machi) in Kobe Things to Do
- Commented on one of Yamada.'s Kobe travel pages
Photos in KobeSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shirahama Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Greece Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Mariana Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Berlin Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Meriken Park & Harborland- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Chinatown (Nankin-Machi)- 16 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Mount Rokko- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Kobe Luminarie- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Oji Zoo- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Museum- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Arima Onsen- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Motomachi shopping street- 1 Review, 5 Photos