"Small is Beautiful!" Swift Current by lauriejeanne

Swift Current Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 1 photos

Continued from my "Saskatchewan" Page...

The next day, after a very rewarding day of examinations, I drove to Swift Current. Now this was a real town and as much as I was going to miss the Sisters and their pampering, I was looking forward to a more cosmopolitan center and hopefully and internet cafe.

Well I found internet access at the local library, but otherwise my stay in Swift Current was quite disappointing. The piano examss were held in a local church where regular church activities were so loud, the candidates could barely hear themselves. So OK, I marked and reported what I couldhear and as soon as the day was over, I ventured out to research local restaurants for VT.

My hopes of finding home cooked fare were soon dashed. French fries seemed to be the most popular thing and no matter where I ate or what I ordered, they came along as an accompaniment -- good grief, even when I ordered breakfast! A small little restaurant in town served some nice sandwiches at lunch but when they suggested I also order "hamburger soup," I politely declined. I asked what else they had and to my horror, they said, "hash brown soup." OK, hamburgers are those round things you throw on a BBQ right? And hash browns normally are fried up in a pan and served with eggs for breakfast right? Not wanting to know what else these kindly folk put into their soups, I ordered an egg salad sandwich and a regular coffee.

I spent three days in Swift Current. Well what can I say ? I was being paid.

My final 10 days in Saskatchewan were spent examining piano candidates at the Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina. Now talk about culture shock!

..to be continued on my Regina page...

• Last visit to Swift Current: Jun 2001
  • Intro Written Apr 15, 2003

lauriejeanne

“carpe carp -- seize the fish”

Badges & Stats in Swift Current

Have you been to Swift Current?

Latest Activity in Swift Current