"Argentina 1997, 2001, & 2004!" Argentina by bkathryn
Argentina Travel Guide: 10,539 reviews and 25,066 photos
First, in April of 1997, I had to make a quick trip down to Argentina. It was a good opportunity to practice the Spanish I have been trying to learn through a computer-based Berlitz Spanish course. I have been trying to do this for awhile, but it is difficult to find the time to put into it. Spanish would be very useful for work and travelling and relatively easy with already knowing some French.
Then, in November 2001, it was Buenos Aires, Bariloche and San Martín de los Andes. I got to spend quite a bit more time this go around - from November 22 to December 3, 2001. I was mostly in San Carlos de Bariloche, but also "had" to spend a couple of nights in Buenos Aires and another night in San Martin de los Andes. Gorgeous scenery and fabulous weather - absolutamente!
And now, I've just returned again. I was in Argentina from June 4 to June 13, 2004. This time I spent a couple of forced nights in Buenos Aires (not such a hardship!) and the rest of the time in Iguazú. The falls are very impressive and we got to see them during an equally impressive lightning storm! Spectacular! (if a little unnerving).
In Patagonia, by Bruce Chatwin
Memory of Fire: Faces & Masks, by Eduardo Galeano (ISBN 0-393-31806-0 v. 2)
- Pros:Great food, beer and wine.
- Cons:Long flight from Canada.
- In a nutshell:I love it and would go back again in a flash!
We were fortunate to see a fellow with a toucan outside a stones shop in Wanda. The toucan obligingly posed with several... more travel advice
This place was fabulous for its food - wonderful Argentine grilled meat and vegetables. It was also fabulous for its... more travel advice
bkathryn's Related Pages
Argentina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Un gusto de la Argentina"
- "Endless Hope"
- "The road less traveled"
- "Argentina and its passions"
- "Argentina - Land of Passion"
- "A Crisis doesnt get the beauty away!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Argentina
- Hotels in Argentina
- Transportation in Argentina
- Nightlife in Argentina
- Restaurants in Argentina
- Shopping in Argentina
- Warnings and Dangers in Argentina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argentina
- 22 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Argentina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argentina
Top 10 Pages
- Province of Ontario Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 34 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 45 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- England Intro, 24 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Province of Alberta Intro, 15 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue